Monday, August 11, 2008

Growing Up

Well I guess I have to accept my little boy is growing up-to fast of coarse. Devin is now standing at 5 feet and a 1/2 an inch, 3/4 of an inch more and he will be taller than mom. I guess I am destined to be the shortest member of this family. That's ok I guess boys should be taller than there mom's. Not only is he getting tall, but he is also going to be in middle school this fall. The time went by so fast it makes sad but happy at the same time. He is such a great kid I know he will do awesome and I hope he really enjoys this time of his life because it will be over in a blink of an eye and he will be in high school. You think I am being sentimental, but if you have not gone through these years yet just wait and see. One moment they are babies and the next there voices are changing, they tower over you, and they say thing like duh mom and my bad. They are interested in girls and are worried about how there hair looks. There is no more "mommy" and "please tuck me in bed." We think about all of our kids firsts-first words, first steps, first tooth... but we don't always think about the lasts-like the last time they call you mommy, the last day of elementary school, the last time they want to hold your hand or the last time they want to be carried. I have to say I feel blessed because my boys still like me to tuck them in and kiss me good night.. they may not ask me to do it any more but I know they appreciate the routine. I think it makes them feel safe, loved, and like I will always be their mommy no matter how old they get. Cherish the times because there are so many "lasts" we don't usually think about.

No comments: